- +91-9861016349 / +91-9437281655
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Maharashtra government has banned the sale of loose cigarettes and beedis, to reduce the consumption of tobacco and to comply with the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA) 2003.
2. Serum Institute of India (SII) has announced on September 29, 2020 that it will produce an additional 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India and other low and middle-income countries in 2021.
3. A new Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020 was released by the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
4. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has warned of the danger that is being posed by another virus that have been found in China named ‘Cat Que Virus’ (CQV).
5. September 29 is observed as World Heart Day.
6. Rights group Amnesty International has halted its operations in India after alleging a “witch-hunt” by the government.
7 Bharati script is designed to be a common script that can express all the major Indian languages.
8 The ESG funds are increasingly becoming popular in the mutual fund industry in India. Recently, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has come out with its ESG fund.
9 Many states are exploring the possibilities of passing legislation under Article 254(2) of the Constitution, to negate the enforcement of three Farm Acts passed by the Central government under Entry 33 of the Concurrent List.
10 The Prime Minister has inaugurated six mega projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission mostly relating to the sewage treatment in Uttarakhand.
11 To mark the centenary of the discovery of the Harappan civilization at Mohenjo-Daro, the India Study Centre Trust in collaboration with the Directorate of Archaeology and Museums, Maharashtra, will organise a 10-day online lecture series from 5th October 2020.
12 The EPFO has started a facility on the UMANG App which enables members of the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) 1995 to apply online for Scheme Certificates.
13 A special drive to uproot the invasive Lantana bushes in the Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan’s Udaipur district has been carried out along with the plantation of native species on the cleared patches of land.
14 The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved the proposals for the capital acquisition of equipment that the Armed Forces of India requires at an cost of Rs. 2,900 crores.
15 The World Health Organization announced on September 29, 2020 that it will roll out 120 million rapid diagnostic tests for COVID-19 joining hands with its partners.