- +91-9861016349 / +91-9437281655
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Historical Events - August 31
– Thomas Edison patented the Kinetoscope, the first movie projector.
– Khilafat movement started in India. It was a pan-Islamist political protest campaign launched by Muslims of British India.
– Radio Prague, the official international broadcasting station of the Czech Republic, went on the air.
– Indian Standard Time (IST) was decided. Indian Standard Time is calculated based on 82.5°E longitude in the city of Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh. Which is situated approximately on the corresponding longitude reference line.
– The then President of India Rajendra Prasad approved the State Reorganization Bill.
– The Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia) gained its independence from the United Kingdom.
– Trinidad and Tobago became independent.
– Successfully launched two-stage rounding rocket Rohini-MSV-1 in India.
– Memorial of Swami Vivekananda was inaugurated by contemporaneous President of India V.V. Giri at Kanyakumari.
– David Scott became the seventh person to walk on the Moon.
– India’s satellite INSAT-1B is launched from the US space shuttle Challenger.
– Pandurang Shastri Athavale was honored with Raman Magsaysay Award.
– Government of India settled Amarnath land dispute.
– Jahangir, 4 Mughal Emperor.
– Maria Montessori, an Italian physician, and educator.
– Kanailal Dutta, Indian revolutionary freedom fighter.
– Ramon Magsaysay, Pilipino captain, engineer, and politician. 7 president of Philipines.
– Amrita Pritam, Indian author, poet, and essay writer.
– Shivaji Samant, Indian author. Famous for his novel “Mrutyunjay” based on Mahabharata.
– Bubu Imam, Indian environmental activist.
– Javagal Shrinath, Indian Cricketer.
– Kavin Bharati Mittal, Indian entrepreneur. Founder and CEO of Hike Messenger, the world’s sixth-largest mobile messaging application.
– Henry V of England.
– Sardar Biyant Singh, Former Chief Minister of Punjab, India.
– Princess Dianna, Princess of Wales.
– Martin D Kamen, Canadian physicist. He discovered the Carbon-14 element, which allows biologists to look inside the chemistry of living cells.
– Kashiram Rana, Indian lawyer and politician.
– Bapu, Indian film director, and screenwriter.
– Jimi Jamison, a Pop singer from Mississippi.
– Pranab Mukharjee, Indian politician, 13 President